Online shopping is my husband’s least favorite hobby of mine. He’s convinced I black out and buy a bunch of stuff after he goes to bed at night. I can’t even make a fair argument against it considering the majority of transactions are completed between the hours of 10 pm and midnight, and every once in a while a package will arrive that I completely forgot I even ordered. I may have a slight problem. The key to getting away with online shopping – as any shopping addict will tell you – is to get home before your spouse does when you are expecting a big shipment. If you download the Google App you will receive push notifications with real-time shipping updates making it entirely possible to plan accordingly. You’re welcome, Ladies.
In case you missed it, here is the video from my latest appearance on Twin Cities Live where I talked about 3 of my favorite online retailers and how to make the return process a little less painful. It was quite the family affair this time around!
Special thanks to the weather man for keeping the tornado watch interruption to under 2 minutes so we could get to all the looks. Priorities.
– Look Number 1 –
I’m obsessed with this palm tree print dress from ASOS my sister-in-law modeled! The low back with the cape is a head turner. This is perfect to wear to a summer wedding, or in Jayme’s case, to a banquet for the dance studio she owns Millennium Dance Company. She’ll be floating around like she owns the place, because SHE DOES! #BossLady
Heels: ASOS Hang Time Barely There in coral (I think they run a little big so I’d consider ordering a half size down.)
Here’s what you need to know about ASOS:
- MASSIVE selection. Like, literally 10,000 dresses for ALL sizes – petite, maternity, and curvy!
- You can “heart” items you like as you browse instead of adding them to your cart. They will save in a folder for 60 days. Super helpful when planning for an upcoming event or your next paycheck.
- Video’s of the model walking in each item to give you a better idea of what it looks like on.
- For sizing, they list the models measurements and size they are wearing which is helpful.
- Premier Shipping: pay $19.99 and receive 2 -day free shipping on all purchase for one year – totally worth it!
- The return label is included in a resealable bag making returns super easy.
– Look Number 2 –
This is my mother-in-law Janney modeling a look from LastCall. I often get asked if you can wear the cold-shoulder trend over the age of 50 so I brought her on to show that you absolutely can! Although I have to say, she hardly looks a day over 40, amiright? I also should mention she was once Miss Fridley so she’s no stranger to the spotlight ;).
Cold-Shoulder Blouse: Neiman Marcus Scarf-Print (originally $165, marked down to $49.90! TIP: If you don’t like your arms but love the cold-shoulder trend, look for styles where just the top of your shoulder bone is exposed like the one shown. I also like this one in a banker stripe, this b&w stripe one, or this floral print one for my curvy lady friends!)
Black Jeans: Joe’s Skinny Ankle Raw Hem (Under $100! I’m also loving these angled step-hem Joe’s here. TIP: shop for designer jeans for less at LastCall.com, NordstromRack.com, 6pm.com, or SaksOff5th.com)
Sandals: Ipanema (This my favorite brand of flip-flops! The rubber is so incredibly soft it doesn’t rub, and I love how sophisticated they look with the t-strap and gold detail. These aren’t just meant to be worn poolside!)
Here’s what you need to know about Last Call:
- All merchandise comes from Neiman Marcus stores across the US and is heavily discounted, so it’s a great place to find designer for less.
- It’s a lot of brands you are probably are already familiar with which helps for sizing purposes
- Free shipping over $99 unless a card holder. I hate paying for shipping so I’ll often order two sizes so I can save time and money, and then return whichever doesn’t work.
- Limited stock in some things so don’t sit on something you like for too long!
– Look Number 3 –
This mother/daughter duo is my other sister-in-law Cassie and my adorable 9 year old niece Lydia modeling looks from Zara! I asked Lydia if she told anyone at school that she was going to be on TV and she said, “only a couple of my closest friends. I’m excited but I don’t want to brag.” She’s such a good kid. I mean at the end of the day if we can all just raise our kids to be kind to one another, then we’ve done our jobs. Cassie, you and my bro are killing it at this parenting thing!
Jumpsuit: Striped with Ruffles ($35.90! I would totally wear this if it came in adult sizes!)
Sandals: Glitter Platforms (again, only $35.90!)
Neon Bag: Pineapple Crossbody ($25.90 – also comes in pink!)
Bow: Jojo Siwa Collection in White Pearl (apparently these are all the rage with girls these days. It’s very southern – I love it!)
Top: Lace (Can you believe this top is only $22.90? It has a fun zipper up the back and comes in white and black. Size small for reference.)
Cami: Evereve (if you aren’t brave enough to wear this without anything under it like the Zara model, then these caged tanks work perfectly because the straps cut in enough that they don’t show.)
Shorts: Floral Printed ($29.90! She’s normally a 2/4 and is wearing a medium.)
Here’s what you need to know about Zara:
- Super trendy, affordable fashion for men, women, and children! I buy a lot of the boys clothes here – especially for family photos.
- It’s a European brand so I think the sizes tend to run small in most things, but it all depends on the style of what you are buying. They have a “find my fit” feature where you put in your measurements and they will recommend a size. It’s not 100% accurate but sometimes you just need someone to make a decision for you. OR when in doubt order two sizes since it’s free shipping both ways.
- They don’t include a return label in the box so you have to print one out if you are mailing back the return. Or…
- You can return it in store (new location at MOA for you MN peeps!) by pulling up the receipt they email you directly from your phone.
- You can schedule a home pickup through their courier service when you log in to you account to begin your return. Game changer.
- DID YOU KNOW: USPS has a FREE pickup service you can schedule online, leave your package by the front door, and they will come by during their standard delivery hours. I’m not going to lie my mom does 90% of my returns for me because the post-office hours are not conducive for working moms, and also because she spoils me.
– My Look –
Top: Zara (under $50! Size XS for reference)
Sandals: Vince Camuto ‘Tulina Lace-up Bootie’ in smoke cloud
Lips: Lipsense in Blu-Red
Bracelet: The Styled Collective
This might be one of my favorite styled segments so far, don’t you think?